Hands of Christ Fund
Life is full of surprises
A severe, long-term illness can easily deplete a family’s resources. Your charitable contributions to the Hands Of Christ Fund will help pay for essential needs not covered by insurance.
Some surprises can shake our faith and impair our ability to care and provide for loved ones. To focus upon the financial needs of those struggling with life’s crises, Latham United Methodist Church (LUMC) has created the Hands Of Christ assistance fund. It’s one way for you to extend the compassionate and healing hands of Christ in times of distress.
There are many ways to be the hands of Christ for those in need. Preparing a meal, babysitting, providing transportation, and being a good listener are just a few examples. The Hands Of Christ Fund is not a substitute for these and other acts of kindness and grace; instead, it was created to provide financial assistance for those affected by catastrophic illnesses.
Easy as 1-2-3
The Hands Of Christ Fund process is streamline to minimize red tape, improving the fund’s effectiveness for both beneficiaries and benefactors.
- The senior pastor and/or a sponsor completes a Hands Of Christ application and submits it to LUMC.
- The Hands Of Christ application will be reviewed by the senior pastor and a member of the Latham staff.
- For approved requests, the Latham administrative treasure will cut a check to the service provider.
How you can help
It’s even easier to be a Hands Of Christ Fund contributor. Send your tax-deductible contribution to “Latham UMC Hands Of Christ Fund.” That’s it!
The Hands Of Christ Fund can help defray the cost of…
- Equipment, e.g., wheelchairs, ramps, lifts
- Rehabilitation—physical, psychiatric, drug and alcohol abuse
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Psychiatric counseling for patient and family
- Other needs consistent with the philosophy of the Fund